Saturday, June 22, 2013

Garage Sales and Thrift Stores

Tis the season for garage sales, and I finally got my fix and hit a few with some sweet finds. And after they closed up for the day I also visited the thrift store on the way home and found some great 1970's fabric to hopefully make some simple dresses inspired by the ones made by the Brilliant Brit: Dottie Angel.

I used to shop for whatever struck my fancy, but learned that's why you need to have your own sale after years of that kind of shopping. Now I generally look for specific item's for projects etc. 
My sweet little ol postcard man called me to say he was having his sale, and I found more flowers for my blooming wall in my foyer.
 I'm still on the hunt for vintage camping gear. I also am on the lookout for long old benches, and Rocco style 70's chairs to redo. I guess that means more shopping! Durn! 
Top of the weekend to ya! Xo

My typical garaging/thrifting uniform

The two floral's are thin and flowy, and the tiny rose spray remind's me of my first day of school undershirt my mom bought me for kindergarten.



I can't believe the vintage purse on top was 25 cent's, and the rockin vintage leather attache  was $1.00! Oh I can't wait to do remodel it for myself:)

Lovely hankies, and handmade gold trim on an old bobbin.


A fantastic overnight vintage satin pajama envelope!

A couple old Pepsi ad's.

A beauty of a picture and hand mottled frame for my guest bath!

No comments:

Post a Comment