When the weather turn's frosty, I start to feel soupy..( did I just invent a new condition?) Oh don't get me wrong , I can eat soup for breakfast , lunch or dinner. It could very well be the perfect food. It contain's many of your food group's , and has a zillion delicious varieties. Today's crave is an easy Broccoli Cheese, that I served with that beautiful , yes I said beautiful Pain de Compagne Bread from Fevere bakery we just picked up on our trip. It was graciously dipped into this tasty bowl of goodness. Ready for the recipe? Here you go!
-2 large heads or 4 small broccoli
- 1 whole onion chopped
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 ish cups of cheese ( I used aged white cheddar, and jack and colby)
- 2 cup's 1/2 n 1/2
- 4 cup's milk 2% or whole milk
- salt( I use kosher, to taste)
- pepper( I used lots)
- nutmeg ( to taste, I used prob a tsp)
*** melt your butter in your pot, and add your onions to sauté .
- then add your flour and stir till mixed, and pour in your milk and 1/2 n 1/2.
- add your broccoli, nutmeg, salt and pepper, stir and put lid on it and cook on low for 30 min or so , and give a stir or two.
- then take off lid to your bubbly concoction, and give your broccoli a bit of a mash to the texture you prefer, and finally add all your cheese! Taste test and adjust your spice and ladle it up!
Happy, yummy Tuesday :) xo Dawn
|One happy,cheesy mug!|