Tuesday, February 12, 2013

DIY Laces and Doily Framed

I have been looking at the space over my couch for three years now, mulling over the fact that the one picture that I have there is very lonely and needed some company. Nothing seemed right, till finally I got a wild hair, a wild idea and found a couple matching new and perfect sized frames. Then all my laces, and doilies were scattered here and there in my studio for another project, and next thing I know I was layering lacyness , grabbed a couple old decorative pin's and a needle and thread to tack down doilies. After it was assembled the way I wanted it, I masking taped it to the back of the frame to hold it down, than stapled it all securely. And then I put it on the wall and breathed a sigh of relief that finally I filled the space, with something that was me:) Happy Tuesday!

















1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I really like how this came out. x

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete