Monday, April 16, 2012

A bowl of warm comfort



This past weekend was rainy, chilly and dreary. Perfect excuse to make one of my favorite tum yum's.. Soup! I am a fan of soup, all kind's, any time. Breakfast, lunch, or din, add a crusty piece of bread, and ,or a salad, and you have a near perfect meal...I need a hunk o' chocolate cake, and ThAt makes it perfecto ha! I decided on a rustic yet hearty bowl that was comprised of these simple ingredients:

- 1 head of cabbage ( chopped roughly)
- 1 large yellow onion(chopped)
- 12 or so, new baby red, and gold potatoes (skin's on ,chopped, bite size)
- 1 or 2 pkg polish sausage(cut into bite size)
- garlic powder, paprika, salt, & pepper
( I put spices in to taste, I just shake, taste, tweak!)
- 8 beef bouillon cubes

-I used my crock pot and filled just over half with water. Of course you can stove top it in a pot if you like!
-Then I tossed in my bouillon, salt, pepp, garlic powder, paprika.
- Add your chopped, cabbage, onion, potatoes. Put lid on. It will be full, but will cook down.
- I then cook on high for and hour, then low till all is tender ( mine was in the pot total about 3 1/2 to 4 hours)
-Last hour before you serve, put in your sausage .( i do this because the sausage loses flavor if you boil the tarnation out of it for too long). Taste for more spices, and serve!


I served this with a fresh mini green olive baguette...fabtastic!! Happy, homey Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment