Thirty min before I have to pick up my kiddo, Nigella is on the telly. And she was whipping up a delish pasta. It was so simple, I had to give it a whirl. I did and it was fantastico! I'm generally a sceptic of the no sauce concept, I love my white and red sauce. But I must say I have welcomed this lighter, fresher version with open arm's and a stretchy waistband... Tip: Don't skip the fresh herb's. They're not fibbin, it makes all the difference! Simple salad, glass o' wine, or iced tea, and enjoy! Here is a loose list of ingredient's:
-Pasta ( I used 1/2 pack Angel Hair)
Nigella used linguini
- 1 lemon zest, and juice
- 1 pkg mushroom's( I used baby Bella's)
-1 cup Parmesan cheese( the good kind)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh Thyme
- olive oil( liberally drizzled) and to sauté mushroom's
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup reserved hot pasta water
- 1/2 can black olives sliced ( optional)
• Simply sauté your mushroom's in olive oil, toss in your your little thyme leave's, and garlic,cook for a min and remove from heat.
Meanwhile cook your pasta al dente, drain, reserve cup of water.
Put hot pasta in a large bowl, add lemon zest from entire lemon about 1/2 juice, or to taste.
Toss in mushroom, garlic ,thyme, and olives.
Add pasta water and stir.
Then drizzle olive oil, add Parmesan and toss. Happy Wednesday !