Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Greatest Show On Earth



One wonderful memory as a child was going to the Circus. It was especially endearing as my grandfather was a well loved Chimpanzee trainer, who brought children and adults much laughter and applause with his show's, and I used to watch him proudly on Wild Kingdom, monkey in hand.

And his father my great grand was a fearless Lion Trainer, traveling with a European Circus.
Many a child dreamt of joining the circus, including me.. that being entirely out of the question due to my parent's fear I'd wanna be the next Bearded Lady. Well then  of course, the next best thing was to just Go to the circus. My favorite was the elephants, and the trapeze artist's! What was your's?
Sooo when the Ringling Bro's Circus came into town, we snagged some great seat's, plopped down with our nacho's and funnel cake's and had yet another memorable time with our own kiddo. Elephant's doing hand stand's (er uh, front feet stand's?) crazy clown's,and death defying feat's! Now how's that for good time's! Happy Wed!
8 motorcycles fit in there!
Homage to the Tatooed Lady

1 comment:

  1. How awesome that you have family history in the circus! Looks like you had an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete