Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Botanical Banner


My little sister in law is getting married this summer al fresco, and the ideas are flying! The theme will be vintage laces , floral's, and rustic element's, and soft jewel tone's.
 The prototype for today's idea is a banner that can be used strung from tree's for photo's, to decorate pavilion, or on the cake table. I was so smitten when taking pic's on my wall, I think that I may just make a length for myself too!
 My element's were simple: vintage botanical book pictures printed on card stock, and a thrifted pack of lace seam binding. That's it! I cut out my triangles , folded down the tops to hinge over my lace. Then I taped it to the lace, because I didn't want staples marring the appearance of the flowers. Finite! I can see doing these with old images of baby's for a shower. Ooh hey! Or maybe old circus pictures in black and white for a little boy's room? are you getting the versatility? I hope I got the cog's turning, and have inspired a fun little project in your future! Xox Dawn!









4 comments: