Thursday, February 9, 2012

Leather Wrap Around Bracelet



I have been really admiring the wrap bracelet style I have been seeing for some time now, so me and my sister Rachel made it a recent Friday night project. I alway's have alot of scrap strip's of leather which are perfect for these kind's of project's. And you can buy a literal scrap bag of remnant's for around 6 bucks at Michael's or Hobby Lobby. Whatever your source you will need to cut a strip as long as you want the wrap. Also a leather punch ,or manual punches to be used with a hammer, bead's(i used turquois and siver), some embroidery floss, and a sturdy needle, and your component's or clasp of choice. The only part that requires patience is punching small hole's to sew on bead's since I found it way easier than sewing through tough leather. Oh and a good rotary cutter is essential to cleanly cut your strip of leather. We had fun as usual, and the variation's are only limited to your imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment