You know how there are certain recipes that you may have in rotation all the time, then you kinda forget about em for a couple years? Well this sauce is one of them. I used to make it with shell's and sautéed mushroom's. But this time just used what I had in the pantry...just as tasty, and takes about 20 minutes to make. Here goes.
- Sun Dried Tomato Basil Fettucinie
- 1 can Italian diced tomato's
- Parmesan Reggiano cheese ( to taste)
- 3 Tbs butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups 1/2 n 1/2
- dash of kosher salt
- dust of pepper
- sprinkle of Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic minced
- small bundle fresh purple and green basil finely chopped.
- cook up your pasta, a little al dente, meanwhile..
In a deep sauce pan melt your butter on med heat, then add flour and stir, and immidiately
add half and half and whisk smooth.
It will start to thicken as you add salt, pepp, Italian season, garlic, basil, parm , and finally tomato's. Stir all, and let bubble another minute or so, then pour over your pasta. Delightfully delicious:)