Monday, March 19, 2012

Beautiful Old Books


I collect old book's. What I particularly fancy are late 1800's and early to mid 1900's children's story book ,and school book's. The illustration's are vivid, and they were from a simpler time when most families had only a few treasured volumes, that I like to think were stored in a grand chest, with other memorable item's. I'm also alway's touched to find an inscription on the inside, written from an inkpot, in a beautiful hand....






My especially favorite author I adore is Mrs. L.T. Meade, who wrote charming, stories for young ladies, that have such beyond pretty artwork of Victorian ladies on the cover's. I was hooked, then I read the storie's, and they were clean, and uncomplicated . I just loved them.
She wrote upward's of 30 book's, and I had throughout many years, collected 16, from all over. I lost them tragically...But I came across another while at an old book store, and my fascination was rekindled, so here I share my # 1 , of a collection I truly appreciate. Do you have a favorite old book? Happy almost Tuesday!
Honorable Miss ,by Mrs. L.T. Meade

No comments:

Post a Comment