Saturday, March 31, 2012

My birds are flying across the pond

What bird's and what's the big deal, you may ask? Well my bird's aren't just any old bird's. They are special embroidery bird's going to a fellow artist randomly picked for me in the Wild Olive stitch swap! And she just happen's to live across the pond in jolly ol England! Exciting!



I must confess that I didn't tackle this till the week of the deadline. So my punishment was in spending the
 last two nights madly stitching away to finish, and literally greeting the real bird's at 3 am, tweeting good morning song's, while I drug my weary bum to bed and bid them good night! Still, it was a fun venture!

The object was to send a small stitched piece of work to a person randomly chosen for you, by the end of March, and the same was to be done for you. The subject matter , favorite color's,address, site, and ,or blog was sent to you so you would have an idea as for what to make them. My artsy pen pal liked dragon's and bird's. And you know what I picked. Thusly, I made a design , stitched my little gut's out, and gussied up my hoop as well. What to ya think? Not too shabby! I hope she like's.

So off and away they fly to a wonderful part of our world! Meanwhile I will post as soon as I get mine.. Hmm I wonder what exotic place mine might be from?



Have A Glorious Weekend! And Cheerio!:)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, I got it today, it's gorgeous! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My gosh, I am so sorry, I just found your comment today! You are my first comment,it's usually my sister, so i completely missed your's!Again my apologie's! Anyhoo, I am so relieved you liked the embroidery! I was a wee bit nervous when I saw your talent! I'm glad to find you and will continue to enjoy Lacer's Life! Thank's again, Dawn:)

      Delete